Since Alban Shipping was established in 1991, we have moved hundreds of thousands of valuable items across the UK and the world from works of art to motorbikes, grand pianos to lead soldiers and sculptures to china tea sets.
Over the past 12 months we have undertaken 3,000 moves from a single portrait miniature via courier to many loads of 40ft seafreight containers full of delicate items. We have also:
- Moved 70 sculptures of various sizes and weights to four stately homes for an art exhibition
- Collected and packaged the complete contents of an international auction sale to be sold in New York
- Removed ten very large ornate framed works of art and then rehung following restoration
- Delivered picture frames for the Government’s art collection across the UK
- Carried out the complete move of St Albans’ Archaeological Museum